Electric Folding Bike | VIKA+ By BlixBike.com | Product Review | Folding Lithium Powered Electric Bike
When BlixBike.com reached out to us to review one of their electric folding bikes, we jumped at the chance as we are big fans of both cycling AND lithium batteries! We chose the VIKA+ as it has a low step through. The Vika+ e-Bike comes with a 36 volt, 11 amp hour Lithium Battery for lightweight power storage and has a range of up to 35 miles on the standard battery. It’s not just an electric bike, it’s also a folding bike – really more like a cross between a bicycle and a motorized scooter! Blix Bike provided this bike to us in exchange for our honest review so we took it for a test ride around Colorado Springs – in Garden of the Gods Park, downtown and even through a construction zone – to test the bike in various conditions and deliver this in-depth review of our experience. Come along for the ride! Promise you’ll have almost as much fun as we did!
VISIT BLIXBIKE.COM & SAVE $100 WHEN YOU USE COUPON CODE RVLOVE
Blix Bike has a range of electric bikes – 2 of which are folding – we chose the Vika+ in cream, it also comes in black & racing green.
– Quality, aluminum frame
-20” wheels with Kenda tires
– V-brakes with integrated electric motor shut off
– 7 speed Shimano gears & 4 levels of assist, plus throttle for extra boost when you want it
– Lithium Battery for lightweight power storage: Standard 36 V 11 AH battery has a range up to 35 miles. Optional 36 V 17.5 AH battery range is up to 55 miles
– Recharge takes 3-4 hours. 500-800 charging cycles means a lifespan of around 25,000 miles
– Folded Dimensions: 34 x 27 x 20 (L x H x W) Weight: 49lb (battery about 6lb)
– Highly adjustable to accommodate riders 4’10 – 6’3” (Julie is comfortable at only 4’8″, so is Marc at 5’8″) Up to 220 lb
– Very adjustable for riding style
– Angle of frame & wider handlebars aid in stable feel
– Comes equipped with fenders, luggage rack, front & rear LED lights
– Trip computer tracks trip mileage, total mileage, current speed, top speed, battery life, Pedal Assist Level & LED front & rear light.
– Comes with Owners Manual, Toolkit & standard 36V lithium battery plus charger
– Order online at BlixBike.com & get Free Delivery & Assembly (sent to local bike store)
– Blix Bikes range from about $1,500-$2,600. The Vika+ retails at $1,649 (less $100 with RVLOVE coupon code making it $1,549)
– Financing Available from BlixBike.com
– 30 Day Risk Free Trial
– Optional Accessories include Bike Carry Bag $69
What We Like About It
We both love the quality, stable feel of the e-bike and quality components. The geometry and positioning of handle bars make it an easy, comfortable and stable ride. It is compact and portable, which is ideal for our traveling RV life and fits us both perfectly. Nice quality touches such as leather hand grips and seat make this bike stylish, practical and portable. It’s a joy to ride and handles hills and even a little rough terrain very well. The Vika+ Electric Folding Bike has put the joy back into biking for Julie. We plan to enjoy this ebike for many years to come, as you will see in the video, it’s WAY too much fun to send back!
Disclaimer: Blix sent us this bike at no charge for us to test and share our honest review. Our opinion is our own.
VISIT BLIXBIKE.COM & SAVE $100 WITH COUPON CODE RVLOVE
Thanks for tuning in to Road Gear Reviews! Gear Up For Your Adventures.
Follow Road Gear Reviews:
We are a group of full time RV travelers with over 15 combined years of experience. We all have different travel styles and setups, from a vintage travel trailer, fifth wheels, and a Class A motorcoach with a tow vehicle. Our wide range of experiences and backgrounds allows us to bring you a diverse range of travel product reviews and trials from our lives on the road.
Let us know what products you’d like to learn more about in the comments below!
Subscribe for weekly uploads about travel gear for RVing, camping, road trips, and more!
Who We Are:
RV Love – Marc & Julie
Drivin’ and Vibin’ – Kyle & Olivia
The Freedom Theory – Josh & Kali
Mortons On The Move – Tom & Cait
Exploring the Local Life – Jessica & Robert
Created By Road Gear Reviews